Welcome to Rider Park
Gamble Township will be performing road maintenance on Caleb Creek Road on Tuesday, July 22, 2014 beginning at 7:30 AM. Vehicle access to Rider Park will not be available. For further information, please call 570-321-1500.
Rider Park is one of Pennsylvania’s great scenic and recreational treasures—867 acres of protected land available to the public 365 days a year for hiking, trail running, mountain bike riding, cross country skiing and other low impact recreational activities. The park offers 15 miles of major and secondary trails leading to three breathtaking vistas. Choose from four major trails appropriate for various fitness levels—from the 0.5 mile Francis X. Kennedy Trail with its 252 foot vertical rise to the 3.6 mile Cheryl Trail with a 560 vertical rise. Visitors can combine the trails for longer hikes or continue on to trails in the adjacent Loyalsock State Forest. Rider Park is the legacy of local businessman and civic leader Thomas J. Rider who wanted to share his love of recreation and the outdoors with the people of Lycoming County.
Temporary Directions to Rider Park
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation is replacing the bridge on Warrensville Road, just south of the Caleb Creek Road intersection. As a result of this much needed improvement, Warrensville Road and Pleasant Valley Road is closed just north of Warrensville.
Rider Park’s patrons can still access Rider Park by following these directions:
1. Traveling north on Warrensville Road, turn left or west on to Rt. 973.
2. Follow the detour signs to Northway Road. Turn right onto Northway Road.
3. Continue until the road intersects with Pleasant Valley Road.
4. At the intersection of Pleasant Valley Road and Northway Road, turn right.
5. Follow Pleasant Valley Road until the road is closed.
6. Turn left onto Caleb Creek Road.
7. Follow Caleb Creek Road to the entrance of Rider Park.
According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, this bridge replacement project is expected to be completed in the middle of August 2014. Additional details will be posted on this website as they become available.